The program focuses on the understanding and application of the IPC criteria, reinforcing the ability to distinguish the skills and visual acceptance of the IPC standards, including:
- IPC-A-610 acceptability of electronic assemblies.
- IPC-A-600 acceptability of printed circuit boards.
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 requirements and acceptance for cable and wire harness assemblies.
- J-STD-001 requirements for soldering electrical and electronic assemblies (Basic Electronics Assembly, Solder/De-solder, Surface Mount (SMT), Thru-Hole, and Touch-Up Soldering).
- IPC-7711/IPC-7721 rework of electronic assemblies/repair and modification of printed circuit boards and electronic assemblies.
Upon successful completion of this course each student will receive a certificate, stating they have demonstrated the competent skills necessary to meet the demands of the manufacturing industry standards. They will also have an understanding of the science of high quality PC Board solder rework.
JOB PLACEMENT SUPPORT:
The PLS Electronics Training Program will continue to support the student and candidate until they have successfully been placed in a position within the Electronics Industry.
Hand Soldering for Operators
This program is based on the J-STD-001 document, which introduces the basics of Soldering Printed Circuit Boards, Wires & Terminals, Rework/Repair, Through- Hole and Surface Mount components.
Students will learn about electrostatic discharge, industry terminology, equipment familiarization and the accept/reject criteria for all three technologies.
- Soldering SMT Components, including Fine Pitch.
- Selecting and using the proper tools.
- Understanding industry terminology.
- Recognizing acceptable criteria for all solder connections.
- Selecting solder, flux and solder paste.
- Soldering under a microscope.
- Inspection Techniques.
- Applying acceptable cleaning requirements.
- Read and understand Electronics Assembly Drawings, Schematics, Blue prints, B.O.M and Process Sheets.
Certified IPC Specialist
This is a certification program. It is designed for experienced operators, the series helps workers interpret the J-STD-001 specification through lecture, demonstration and labs. This program addresses all three classes in both lead and lead-free in Surface Mount Technologies, Through-Hole and Wires and Terminals.
The certification gives individuals valuable recognition of their understanding of the J-STD-001, and allows them to conduct in-house operator training.
Upon successful completion of this course each student will receive a J-STD-001 certificate.
This is a certification program that utilizes the images in the IPC-A-610 inspection documents to provide visual accept/reject criteria examples for all three classes of assembly in both lead and lead-free.
- Handling electronic assemblies.
- Inspecting soldered connections for terminal, Surface Mount Technology and through-hole.
- Identify defective solder joints.
- Understanding ECO jumper wire practices.
- Addressing mechanical assembly requirements.
- Recognizing acceptable surface mount chip & cylindrical components, leadless chip carriers, & leaded components.
Upon successful completion of this course each student will receive a IPC-A-610 certificate.